tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Mar 20 12:33:36 2006

Re: Cute/Adorable KLBC (again)

Shane MiQogh ([email protected])

Indeed... What confuses me is that when one talks about complex sentances they only say 2 verbs rather than 3 or 4... Is that even possible or against the klingon rules...?
[email protected] wrote:  In a message dated 3/20/2006 2:46:47 AM Central Standard Time,
[email protected] writes:

> Much of
> being able to speak good Klingon (or other similar languages, for that
> matter) has to do with being able to decompose complex ideas like this into
> simpler concepts that the Klingon lexicon can handle, and this will come
> with practice.

The difference, of course, is that native speakers of those other similar
languages grow up with the complex concepts already thought out by generations
upon generations of thousands upon thousands of people who often (usually?)
could not speak any other language. Klingon speakers are bootstrappers by
necessity.

lay'tel SIvten

Yahoo! Mail