tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jun 26 08:34:54 2006

rejmorgh yIDaQo'!

Steven Boozer ([email protected])

Voragh:
> > The derived noun is {nepwI'} "liar", which is not in the glossary but used
> > in TKD with the verb {Da} "behave as, act in the manner of":
> >
> >    nepwI' Daba'
> >    He is obviously lying. TKD

lay'tel SIvten:
>{nepba'} seems more to the point.

You would think so, but I imagine Okrand was trying to be a bit
unpredictable.  We have only two other examples of the under-utilized verb
{Da} "behave as, act in the manner of" in canon:

   HaDlu'meH, QuSlu'meH, SuDlu'meH lojmIt Da logh Hop Hut tengchaH.
    vaj loghDaq lenglaHtaH Humanpu'
   space station Deep Space Nine is the gateway for the exploration,
    intrigue and enterprise that mark the continuation of the human
    adventure into space... DS99

   yejquv DevwI' moj ghawran 'e' wuqta' cho' 'oDwI' Dapu'bogh
    janluq pIqarD HoD.
   Gowron ... named leader of the High Council by Captain Jean-Luc
    Picard, who was acting as Arbiter of Succession. S25

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons

Back to archive top level