tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jan 28 03:09:18 2006

Re: yopwaH

Lieven Litaer ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol ghojwI']

Okay, coming back to the beginning.

I didn't want to know if {yopwaH} is treated grammatically as singular or
plural, or inherently or whatever its origin might be.
It was just because in german you say "eine Hose" for "pants", so it's

"Meine Hose ist..."
  for
"My pants ARE..."

But I think we now agreed that {nuqDaq 'oH yopwaH'e'} is correct.

BTW, just because you seemed to like this topic, here some more of this
kind:
1 Brille (sg) = glasses (pl)
1 Fernglas (sg) = binoculars (pl)
other way around: