tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jan 09 03:24:39 2006

Re: walk two miles

QeS 'utlh ([email protected])

ghItlhpu' Quvar 'utlh, ja':
>how would I say that that I traveled or walked a specific distance, e.g.
>two miles? Does it make sense to say {cha' qelI'qam jIleng}??

{vIleng}. But for my part, I think this is reasonable.

ja'taH:
>I could maybe avoid the problem by saying
>{jIleng. cha' qelI'qam 'aD He}??

This also makes sense to me, although to be more specific you could say
{...'aD HewIj} "my course measured...". Another way I would have done it is
{...'aD lengwIj chuq} "my journey's distance measured..."

Savan,

QeS 'utlh
tlhIngan Hol yejHaD pabpo' / Grammarian of the Klingon Language Institute

not nItoj Hemey ngo' juppu' ngo' je
     - Ubykh Hol vIttlhegh

ASUS M5 Ultra-slim lightweight is Now $1999 (was $2,999)
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Easus%2Ecom%2Eau%2F&_t=752129232&_r=Hotmail_tagline_23Nov05&_m=EXT

Back to archive top level