tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jan 04 08:56:58 2006

Re: KLBC DIS chu'

Steven Boozer ([email protected])

ter'eS:
> >> Another alternative I like to use with paired adjectives isn't strictly
> >> canon but seems to have general acceptance: {valbogh loD qan} "a wise
> >> old man".

Voragh:
> > I've considered that method too, although I can't think of any examples
> > in canon

lay'tel SIvten:
>yIntaHbogh tlhIngan Soj tlhol jablu'DI' tIvqu'lu'.
>Klingon food is best when served fresh and live. (SkyBox card S21)

Thanks.  So Okrand has done it.

I've often thought that someone writing Klingon tongue twisters or
children's verse (a la Dr. Seuss) could do something clever by repeatedly
alternating both forms:  {QImmey SuD} "green eggs", {SuDbogh QImmey} "eggs
that are green", {SuDqu'bogh QImmey SuD} "green eggs that are very green", etc.

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons

Back to archive top level