tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Feb 26 13:47:15 2006

Re: KLBC

QeS 'utlh ([email protected])

jIghItlhpu', jIja':
>Two verbs(and only two, IIRC) are disyllabic:

mulughmoH ghunchu'wI', ja':
><ghIpDIj> DalIjba'pu'.

mulughmoH je lay'tel SIvten, ja':
>He'So' - stink
>HoSghaj - be powerful

baQa'! DopDaq qul yIchenmoH QobDI' ghu'. Thanks for pointing these out. I'd
forgotten completely about {He'So'} and {HoSghaj}, and I had misremembered
{ghIpDIj} as a noun.

(Aside: It's interesting that of these five disyllabic verbs, the formation
of three of them is relatively transparent: {He'So'} from {He'} "to smell",
perhaps plus {So'} "to cover, to cloak"; {HoSghaj} from {HoS ghaj} "have
power"; {lo'laH} from, er, {lo'laH} "able to use".)

QeS 'utlh
tlhIngan Hol yejHaD pabpo' / Grammarian of the Klingon Language Institute

not nItoj Hemey ngo' juppu' ngo' je
     - Ubykh Hol vIttlhegh

New year, new job ? there's more than 100,00 jobs at SEEK
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fninemsn%2Eseek%2Ecom%2Eau&_t=752315885&_r=Jan05_tagline&_m=EXT

Back to archive top level