tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Dec 26 08:01:56 2006

Re: Klingon WOTD: SIqwI' (noun)

Steven Boozer ([email protected])

>This is the Klingon Word Of The Day for Tuesday, December 26, 2006.
>
>Category: Body Parts
>
>Klingon word:   SIqwI'
>Part of Speech: noun
>Definition:     index finger, first finger
>
>Additional Notes:
>HolQeD 10:2, p. 7, "A Friend of Maltz: {nItlhDu' yaDDu' je}.

The derived nomen agentis from the verb {SIq} "use the index
finger".  Examples from HolQeD:

ghIchwIj vISIq
I touch my nose with my index finger

ghIchwIjDaq jISIq
I point at my nose with my index finger

ghIchwIjDaq jISIq'egh
I pick my nose with my index finger

SeHlaw SIq
touch the control panel with the index finger
("which presumably would activate or alter the operation of some device or
other, already known in the conversation")

maghwI'Daq jISIq
I point at the traitor with my index finger.
I point out the traitor with my index finger.

maghwI'Daq SIq naQjej
The spear points at the traitor.
He/she points at the traitor with his/her spear.

maghwI'Daq SIq naQjejwIj
My spear points at the traitor.
I point at the traitor with my spear.

maghwI'Daq SIqmeH naQjejwIj lo' SuvwI'
the warrior uses my spear to point at the traitor
the warrior points at the traitor with my spear

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons

Back to archive top level