tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Dec 17 10:52:03 2006

Re: Return With Honour

...Paul ([email protected]) [KLI Member]

On Sun, 17 Dec 2006, Alan Anderson wrote:
> ja' naHQun:
>> "I'd rather you come home in a coffin, then come home dishonoured.".
>
> bIcheghDI' lom quv qaq law' loD quvHa' qaq puS.

How would you emphasize the idea that it's preferable only in the mind of
the speaker?  (Admittedly, all Klingons should share such an ideal, but in
other cases, preference might be more personal)  Would that just be
perhaps adding /jIHvaD/ somewhere in there?

...Paul

          ** ...Paul, [email protected], Insane Engineer **
   "Never tell people how to do things.  Tell them what to do and
   they will surprise you with their ingenuity." -- George Patton

Back to archive top level