tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Dec 13 00:45:42 2006

Re: [Klingon_Language] need help translating

Philip Newton ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol ghojwI']

On 12/12/06, Steven Boozer <[email protected]> wrote:
> However, Klingons refer to walking the gauntlet of painstik-wielding
> warriors during the Ritual of Ascension {nentay} as "traveling the River of
> Blood":
>
>    'Iw bIQtIqDaq jIjaH
>    I travel the River of Blood (TNG "The Icarus Factor")
>
>    'Iw bIQtIqDaq bIlengjaj
>    May you travel the River of Blood! PK
>
> Thus, the savvy Klingon child might well ask:
>
>    ghorgh bIQtIqDaq jIjaH?
>    When will I travel the "River of Blood"?
>
> For more emphasis on "I" by an anxious child, add {jIH}:
>
>    ghorgh bIQtIqDaq jIjaH jIH?
>    When will *I* travel the "River of Blood"?

In both of those last two sentences, presumably there should be an
{'Iw} before {bIQtIqDaq}, qar'a'?
--
Philip Newton <[email protected]>
HovpoH 6827.00