tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed May 11 23:46:32 2005

Re: Subtle shadings of "then": Okrand's error ?

Lieven Litaer ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol ghojwI']

If I remember correctly, it is even written somewhere by Marc Okrnd himself
that this {vaj} after {-chugh} is redundant. But I don't know where I get
that from. [do u?]

> languages do lots of things that seem odd to outsiders, and letting
> Klingon have those
> kind of usages just increases its appeal for me.

In english it's similar somtimes, many words can be omitted without changing
the statement:

  "If you don't buy, you die."
  "If you don't buy, then you die."

(only regarding the use of {vaj} here.)

Quvar.

--
+++ Neu: Echte DSL-Flatrates von GMX - Surfen ohne Limits +++
Always online ab 4,99 Euro/Monat: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl

Back to archive top level