tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jun 10 04:02:32 2005

Books // round table // Mailing list// translation

christoph.pichlmann ([email protected])

Books:
YES! More books!
While books like Hamlet are great works, they're next to useless for
beginners who lack even the basic vocabulary to understand them.
Books like "The grammarians desk" however provide some words, along
with hints on grammer - easy to read, yet helping the understanding of
Klingon.

IMO, anything from HolQeD could be made into a book.

Round table:

Has anyone ever thought about re-opening the discussions? By now there
should be more evidence, so that conclusions are possible.
Note, I don't suggest to start discussion all over, but I think it
would be interesting to see if new proof has been found. I'm currently
re-reading old HolQeD issues, and most of them seem to end with "Who
can say? There isn't enough canon for either."

Mailing list site:
Would it be possible to change the design of the mailing list site?
Recently I'm mostly reading there(instead of reading the mails), and
it's not really easy to read - grey on grey with occassional dark
grey/black KLI logo...

BTW, is it possible to return mails that were not accepted? I tried
sending this mail from an unregistered account(didn't think of that)
and didn't get anything back - resulting in loss of the mail(it's
webmail - so sent messages aren't saved).

Help with translation:

Would the following word be understandable?
" motlhnISqa'moH "

It is supposed to be used in that sentence:

*Firefox yIlo'. HTML motlhnISqa'moH

It is supposed to mean "Because HTML needs to become a standard again."

Also, I used "motlh" in absence of a word for "Standard" - is there any
better? Standard as in "predefined", not as in "common, usual".

Back to archive top level