tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jan 18 08:45:45 2005

Re: "wamwI' "

Steven Boozer ([email protected])

juDmoS:
> >I still haven't heard from anyone...qetHa' a comb of qet (run, jog) and
> >-Ha' (undo) used if something is done wrongly...for someone/something to
> >"misrun" as a description of "stumble"...that is to say, misstep while
> >running without falling down. Does this work ?

QeS lagh:
>I had no problem understanding it. {qetHa'} is OK here, and I'd say one of
>the better options.
>
> >Is there a better way to say it?
>
>I can't think of many; lay'SIv's idea {tlhoS pum} "it almost falls" is
>another option. But to be honest, I think you've already found the word
>that expresses what you're looking for. {qetHa'} is fine IMO.

Agreed.  In context it's fine.  And you can make a distinction:

*{qetHa'} stumble while running ("mis-run, mis-jog")
*{yItHa'} stumble while walking ("mis-walk")

Other verbs involving the legs and feet:

{gho'}  "step on"

   ghew vIgho'
   I step on the bug. KGT

{mI'} "run in place" (also: "exercise, do calisthenics, do martial arts
movements, etc.")

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons