tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Dec 05 07:32:30 2005

Re: lengwI' ("Trekkie?)

Steven Boozer ([email protected])

Voragh:
> >Hmm... you're using {lengwI'} "rover (or traveller, voyager <g!>)
> >for "Trekkie/Trekker"?  Not bad.  The standard phrase of course
> >would be *{Hov leng ngotlhwI'} "Star Trek fan(atic)".

{lengwI'} may now be a double pun, for it is also the translation of
"voyager".  Thus *{Hov leng: lengwI'} "Star Trek: Voyager".

naHQun:
>I could have sword I heard Okrand himself say "lengwI' jIH" on "Trekkies"
>or one of the other films I have, I'll have to rewatch it.

If you do, please let us know.

I haven't seen "Trekkies" or any other film about fandom.  Does Okrand say
anything else of interest to us on this list - other than the well-known
story of how he invented Klingon?

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons