tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Oct 16 18:39:52 2004

Stress in Klingon

QeS lagh ([email protected])

HolQeDvaD ghItlh vIqonchoH vIneH.

I'm looking for volunteers who would like to participate in a survey of=20
Klingon stress for HolQeD. I want to look at the behaviour of polysyllabi=
c=20
words in sentences and how stress is put on them. While I understand that=
=20
the basic stress rules are pretty firm and concrete, I'm interested in th=
e=20
way sentence stress and complex word stress patterns are formed,=20
particularly among those who have a bit more experience in speaking Kling=
on.

If you're interested, you'll need a microphone, and you'll be recording s=
ome=20
twenty to thirty sample sentences. I understand that this is something a =
lot=20
of people just haven't got time to sit down and do; nevertheless, I think=
=20
it'll be fun, and you'll get your name in HolQeD. :)

If you're interested (particularly anyone who has been to qep'a'), let me=
=20
know. Sentence stress is almost entirely ignored in TKD, and it'd be=20
interesting to note what it's doing in Klingon as people speak it now.

cheboQlaHchugh jIbel. Satlho',

QeS lagh

not nItoj Hemey ngo' juppu' qan je
       - Ubykh Hol vIttlhegh

Smart Saving with ING Direct =96 earn 5.25% p.a. variable rate: =20
http://ad.au.doubleclick.net/clk;7249209;8842331;n?http://www.ingdirect.c=
om.au/burst6offer.asp?id=3D8

Back to archive top level