tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Oct 08 05:35:43 2004

doubt (Re: tu'HomI'raH - canon source?

QeS lagh ([email protected])

ghItlhpu' lay'tel SIvten:

>Uncertainty is the very essence of doubt.

It might be the cause, but it's not the manifestation. "I doubt that you=20
speak Klingon" doesn't mean merely "I am uncertain whether you speak=20
Klingon", but "I don't believe that you speak Klingon", usually with an=20
overtone of "If otherwise is the case, then prove it." That's a bit stron=
ger=20
than simple uncertainty.

Savan.

QeS lagh

not nItoj Hemey ngo' juppu' qan je
     - Ubykh Hol vIttlhegh

Smart Saving with ING Direct =96 earn 5.25% p.a. variable rate: =20
http://ad.au.doubleclick.net/clk;7249209;8842331;n?http://www.ingdirect.c=
om.au/burst6offer.asp?id=3D8

Back to archive top level