tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri May 14 00:49:30 2004

Re: Mayan vs Klingon

QeS lagh ([email protected])

ghItlhpu' Qor'etlh:

>qeslagh qatlhpu':

chaq {tlhob} Dalo' DaneH. 'ej {QeS lagh} 'oH pongwIj'e'. chaq DuqawmoHlaH
"Ensign QeS"; wa' mu' neH 'oHbe' pongwIj'e'.

>" what is the connection between "be", the classic maya word for 'road',
>and klingon?"

'e' vItlhobbe'qu' jIH. 'e' tlhob lay'tel SIvten.
I didn't ask that. Steven did.

>Do you mean besides it's inclusion in the phrase 'ochbe' for the ancient
>Mayan
>"pathway to the afterlife" ? [sic]
>To answer your question:
>Perhaps it is due to the impassability of the roads in question.

nuqjatlh? Doj "Maya" Hemey 'ej lulo'lu'taH. wa' He vIDel: tIq, vaghvatlh
qelI'qam 'ab; woch, chorgh 'uj 'ab. lI'taH.
The Maya roads are impressive, and are still used. One of them runs over 100
kilometres, and is raised 3 metres above the ground. They can still be used.

>     Most of the Mayan ruins recently discovered date back over a thousand
>years
>before what we commonly associate with the 'Mayan' culture. In fact this
>earlier
>civilization exists only in the same geographical location, and has little
>to do
>with classic Mayan culture. As yet it's undifferentiated from the Mayan, so
>far.
>Other than a common Calendar & location there is little evidence left to
>associate
>the two.

chaq "Olmec" 'oH nughvetlh ngo''e'. pagh nImISmoH mu' "classic Maya
culture".

"Maya" nughqoq qo'Daq "Preclassic", "Postclassic" "Classic" je nughmey
luDellu'pu'. pIm Hoch net Sov. 'ach rurchuq; "Classic" moj "Preclassic" 'ej
"Postclassic" moj "Classic". DaH DuSaQ'a'Daq "Maya" qun vIHaD. nughvetlh'e'
maja'chuqchugh SoH jIH je, jIbel.

SKI: Ensign QeS is currently studying Maya history at university.

QeS lagh

SEEK: Now with over 50,000 dream jobs! Click here:
http://ninemsn.seek.com.au?hotmail

Back to archive top level