tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jul 31 06:36:58 2004

Re: mu' lo' QaQ 'oSbogh mu'tlheghmey

In a message dated 2004-07-30 6:45:34 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[email protected] writes:
> Of course, the entire topic presupposes that anyone here can be counted as
> an "expert" in the field of creating examples of proper Klingon uage.  I'm
> afraid I don't subscri be to that view.  Some of us are very familiar with
> the language, but we're not qualified to invent examples showing how
> Klingon words are to be used.  I believe the best we can do is list how
> Klingon words *have* been used.
>
> -- ghunchu'wI'

I have been using 'expert' as someone who is fluent enough in the language to
be able to say what he wants without being concerned about how to say it.
Even a list of how words *have* been used would be helpful.  Take "sun" for
example.  There are lots of ways to express this idea, none of which are
canon.
Some are more appropriate in a given context than others, and such a list
would
provide at least some possibilities of how to say it.

Part of the justification of Qo'noS QonoS is to offer people novel material
to read and thereby improve their own Klingon ability.  The annual qep'a'
does
the same thing, but in a (presumably) immersion-type setting.  It's all
novel,
it's all non-canon (except Okrand's participation).

lay'tel SIvten

p.s. I had to insert a space in the word "sub scribe" so that ecartis would
let it through.  I sent it three times before i added that space.

Back to archive top level