tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jul 21 17:19:59 2004

Re: Klingon WOTD: qeD (v)

QeS lagh ([email protected])

ghItlhpu' Quvar:
>A contract can also be vacated.

Makes sense; it's probably derived from the original meaning. If you vacate
something, you get out of it - it applies to contracts as well, I'd guess.

ghItlhpu' Voragh:
>{qIl} "cancel" or even {ghang} "end (an event) prematurely" - that is, if a
>legal contract can be considered a sort of event.  A "contractual
>relationship" perhaps?

I wouldn't have a problem with {rom ghang} "he ends the accord prematurely".

>For contracts we have {mab} "treaty" and {rom} "accord", which of course
>brings up the verb {qI'} "sign (a treaty)".

While I doubt that it's canon, {qI'Ha'} could also mean "to vacate a
contract" IMHO. To get into a contract, you {qI'}; to get out of a
previously signed contract, you might be able to {qI'Ha'}. Any thoughts?

QeS lagh

Love Movies? You'll love HomeScreen. Rental DVDs - no late fees!  Go to:
http://www.ninemsn.homescreen.com.au/account/freetrial/?.promo=9msn_hotmail_
tagline

Back to archive top level