tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jul 11 20:10:15 2004

Re: SkyBox pIqaD

From: <[email protected]>

> Has anyone ever figured out the "pIqaD" on the SkyBox cards?

Yes!  I have!  It's nonsense!

The cards use Okuda's characters (there are about 10 of them).  Most of them
are just random characters.  A couple of cards have exactly the same "text,"
even though the Klingon and English are completely different.

In at least one instance (I haven't checked them all for this), the Okuda
characters have been mapped to letters in the Klingon version of the text.
S8 is one of these.  It's still nonsense, though: since there are only 10
characters, several sounds are mapped to the same character, and I think the
mapping is inconsistent.  And multiple-letter characters in the romanized
transcription like {tlh} are represented with multiple characters.  Whoever
put together the Klingon character text clearly wasn't a Klingon speaker
(nor was he Okuda).

SuStel
Stardate 4528.7

Back to archive top level