tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jul 10 17:08:15 2004

Re: pizza

QeS lagh ([email protected])

ghItlhpu' lay'tel SIvten:

>Yes, it's "pizza".  Of course there is no Klingon word for it, so the
>English word (or Italian or German or whatever other Human language you
>want) is used.

"pizza" 'oSbogh mu''e' Hutlh je DIvI' Hol'e'. ghu'mo' "Italy" Hol mu'
wIlo'nIS. ghaytan mu' lujatlh tlhInganpu' 'e' nIDchugh chaH, chaq *{pI'tlha}
rur. 'ach tlhIngan mu'na' 'oHbe'ba'.

There's not even an English word for "pizza". Even we have to use the
Italian word. If the Klingons were to try and borrow it, it'd probably come
out *{pI'tlha}, but it's obviously not a Klingon word.

QeS lagh

Protect your inbox from harmful viruses with new ninemsn Premium. Go to
http://ninemsn.com.au/premium/landing.asp?banner=emailtag&referrer=hotmail

Back to archive top level