tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jul 10 07:49:02 2004

Re: pizza

From: "Karen L Wood" <[email protected]>

>      Heres a semi-serious questions for you.... has anyone come up with
the
> Klingon name for pizza????  LMAO  (sorry!)

At a qep'a' a few years ago, we asked Marc Okrand about this, and he said
that {chab} would work for this.  The word means any baked bread or crust
sort of food.  So, doughnuts are {chab}, turnovers are {chab}, and pizza is
{chab}.  Mince pie would be {chab}.  Bagels are {chab}.

This word is only a very broad category of food.  If you declare {chab
vIneH!}, no one's going to know what you want.  You still need to identify
what sort of {chab} you want.  So say {pizza vIneH}.

SuStel
Stardate 4524.6

Back to archive top level