tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jan 30 14:48:40 2004

Re: Klingon WOTD: ghojmeH taj (n)

>This is the Klingon Word Of The Day for Friday, January 30, 2004.
>
>Klingon word:   ghojmeH taj
>Part of Speech: noun
>Definition:     boy's knife

"knife for learning"

>Additional Notes: KCD

A young Klingon has one of these before he earn's his own d'k tahg in the
Second Rite of Ascension, or {nentay cha'DIch}. KCD

"But a Klingon is not born a warrior. Being a warrior is something that
must be earned. Before I earned this knife, I owned a {ghojmeH taj}, a
boy's knife... This story is about Pok, son of Torghn, my friend and ally.
A mere boy with a {ghojmeH taj}." (Gowron, KCD novelization, p.12)

Never used in a Klingon sentence.

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons