tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jan 28 12:38:04 2004

Re: Klingon movies revisited

James Fox-Davis ([email protected]) [KLI Member]

Just for reference, there is a group here in L.A. doing its own
Trek-oid episodes, called "Hidden Frontier."(
http://www.hiddenfrontier.org/ ) I'll be playing a Klingon, AND another
evil alien in the next one being taped, early next month.  These were
an outgrowth of the first effort by the USS Angeles, the local UFPI
ship, and have been a lot of fun.  Frankly, the acting sometimes
stinks, but we're having fun and learning a lot.  The CGI is excellent!
  As long as we don't make any money on them or sell them even for cost,
there's not a lot Paramount is wanting to do.  They can't stop us from
making them for ourselves.

On a professional note, because my career as an Art Director has been
stagnating, I went and registered a couple of weeks ago with Central
Casting to get some "extra" work, and, because of my size, they asked
if I had done prosthetic work before, and did I know anything about
Klingons...?

When I stopped laughing, I admitted that I had my own forehead, and
found out I could get extra money if I brought it to the shoot which is
coming sometime next month.

qu'qul/Jim
On Jan 28, 2004, at 10:30 AM, [email protected] wrote:

> In a message dated 1/28/2004 1:10:31 PM Eastern Standard Time,
> [email protected] writes:
> -- ter'eS
> ja'
> A while back, we had a discussion about fan-produced Klingon
> movies (again), and the concensus was (again) that Paramount
> was like a rabid dog and we shouldn't poke them with a stick.
>
> I've just become aware of two fan-produced sites with movies
> based on the characters from TOS: Star Trek: New Voyages and
> Starship Exeter. They appear to have "copyright infringement"
> written all over them, yet they exist, and appear to have done
> so for quite a while.
>
> So, if these folks can do it, why couldn't a group of Klingon
> enthusiasts?
> -------
>

> nuq jatlh? nuqDaq?  vIlegh vIneHqu'! website URL HInob!
>
> "So, if these folks can do it, why couldn't a group of Klingon
> enthusiasts?"
>
> HISlaH!  jIQochbe'!   That would be cool! Me wantie! LOL
>

> DuH Hoch bochaw'chugh. yIvuS 'egh Qo'!
> weQqul
> HovpoH 701098.1
> Stardate 4076.0