tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jan 21 02:07:48 2004

Re: anyone who wants to try this:

qe'San \(Jon Brown\) ([email protected]) [KLI Member]

----- Original Message -----
From: <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Wednesday, January 21, 2004 3:19 AM
Subject: anyone who wants to try this:

> OK! This recasting thingy is a real bit*H! I reached a  very dificult part
of
> this poem I have been in process of translating! Not to mention another
part
> of it, which to date, I have not found a translation  in English for the
> concept, let alone the words for it! There are no nouns for the words "
passion",
> or "flame/s". nor is there a word for "desire", period! no noun and also
no
> verb! So, for this reason, I have to recast the heck out of this thing and
leave
> words out. I need help!

I believe that "neH - want" will suffice for desire... MO used it as such in
"The Klingon Way" pg 149

vay' DaneH yIchargh - Conquer what you desire

He refers to desire in wanting and taking but does go on to say that Worf
used it talking to Data when referring to male-female relationships.

qe'San

Back to archive top level