tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jan 20 16:11:16 2004

RE: DCKL translation problems: {tlhogh}

ja' Voragh:
>To divorce Quark in DS9 "House of Quark", Grilka shouted *N'Gos tlhogh
>cha!* ("This marriage is dissolved!") at him.  So, *IF* we accept this
>Paramount source (since we have nothing else), we ignore the all-purpose
>particle *cha* - which the Paramount writers add to just about every
>Klingon sentence they write - leaving us with the phrase *{tlhogh ngoS}
>"dissolve the marriage" which is not a bad way of saying "divorce".

Why did you (1) change the word order from "N'Gos tlhogh" to {tlhogh ngoS},
and (2) change the phrasing from "it is dissolved" to "dissolve it"?  It
seems to me that the DS9 usage would suggest {ngoS tlhogh} as the proper
formula.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level