tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jan 16 01:53:04 2004

Re: KLBC need translation KLBG

Shamammd ([email protected])

That's too hard!
Long sentences like this are usually rephrased into several shorter
sentences, like
"It's unfortunate. People are not smart... I thought they were..." or so...

Quvar.

there is a big diffetrence between smart and imaginative! I like this one
give nto me:

To recast, try "My old opinion is that most of us are certainly able to
create. But now, it is apparently untrue. That is unfortunate." Translated:

{machenmoHlaHbej maH HochHom. vuDwIj ngo' 'oH. 'ach DaH teHHa'law'. Do'Ha'.}

If you want to explicitly state that your new opinion is that the old one is
untrue, you would insert {vuDwIj chu' 'oH} after {'ach DaH teHHa'law'}, but
IMO, it's unnecessary.

You could also try using {qen} "recently", and recast again, getting rid of
all direct references to an opinion.

Back to archive top level