tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jan 16 01:33:05 2004

Re: DCKL translation problems: {yu'egh}

Lieven L. Litaer (Quvar) ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol ghojwI']

Am 15.01.2004 06:46:39, schrieb Tad Stauffer <[email protected]>:

>Another possible interpretation could be a sound wave. Note that
>individually, the syllables of {yu'egh} are notes of the Klingon musical

very interesting theory, I hadn't noticed that before!

I think it's correct to tranlsate it as Welle, because [fortunately!!] in German this can also mean
anything resembling a wave. But it does not mean a "wave", as the noun of "he waved to me".

BTW, I finally got a "real" english-german dirctianry, containing more than twice as many words as
my school-dictionary. This allowed me to translate a bunch of words yesterday, so the german DCKL
will be ready sooner than I thought.

so thanks for your help,
  Quvar.

Back to archive top level