tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jan 13 12:04:31 2004

Re: time

Mark J. Reed ([email protected]) [KLI Member]

On Tue, Jan 13, 2004 at 12:35:25PM -0500, [email protected] wrote:
> i think someone already told me that tlhIngan Hol doesn't have time
> references in tense form, so how would you say "we will speak later" or
> "we will talk later about this?"

The Klingon equivalent of "we will speak later" would literally mean
"we speak later" (although I don't know if we have a word for
"later").  The time reference is enough to tell you that the action is taking
place in the future; the verb doesn't need to change, too.  Similarly, the
Klingon equivalent of "we spoke yesterday" is literally "we speak yesterday".

-marqoS

Back to archive top level