tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jan 05 22:02:18 2004

Re: Klingon localization of GNOME (was Re: Localisation Guide)

Christian Einfeldt ([email protected])

On Monday 05 January 2004 15:24, Christian Rose wrote:
> mån 2004-01-05 klockan 23.16 skrev Christian Einfeldt:
> > I am a member of the Klingon Language Institute (KLI), which is a
> > non-profit group of amateur and professional linguists who study,
> > speak, and write in the Klingon language, which is a mature, fully
> > developed language created by Mark Okrand, Ph.D. for the Star Trek
> > series.  Some of the members of the KLI are interested in
> > localizing Klingon to OpenOffice.org.  It would seem that progress
> > in localizing Klingon to OpenOffice.org would also be useful to
> > advancing the GNOME localization of Klingon.
> >
> > I was unable to find any reference to localizing Klingon into
> > GNOME. Has anyone undertaken that project?  If so, I would be
> > interested to hear of the progress of your project.
>
> Noone has, to the best of our knowledge, started any effort for
> localizing GNOME into Klingon yet. You can find the official list of
> existing GNOME translation teams here:
> http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gtp/teams.html
>
> Are you volunteering to localize GNOME into Klingon? In that case
> you're most welcome! You can find instructions for joining the GNOME
> Translation Project at
> http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gtp/join.html. Please let us
> know if you need any further help!

Hi Christian Rose,

No, unfortunately, I am just a hapless simple end user who is very
pumped about FLOSS.  since I can't code, I am involved in marketing.
I am soliciting support for the Klingon localization of OOo.  Also, I
am shooting a documentary movie called "The Digital Tipping Point"
which I am hoping will reach some proprietary software users and let
them know what they are missing.  I will let you know when our blog
site is up.

Christian Einfeldt, aka qoloS.