tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jan 04 09:57:26 2004

Re: identical words in other languages and meanings

>From: "d'Armond Speers, Ph.D." <[email protected]>
>
>Lieven Litaer wrote:
> >   {'up tlhIngan Soj 'e' vIHar}
> >   {Sojmaj lajQo'bej tlhIngan 'e' vIloy}
>
>TKD 4.2.6 describes the use of the Type 6 verb suffix {-law} for this
>purpose.

[...]
>{'uplaw' tlhIngan Soj}
>{Sojmaj lajQo'law' tlhIngan}

I think that first one was an opinion rather than an uncertainty.  /-law'/
probably isn't the best choice for expressing opinions as a general rule.
Personally, my guess is that Klingons will most often express an opinion as
if it were a fact: /'up tlhIngan Soj/.

SuStel
Stardate 4010.0

Worried about inbox overload? Get MSN Extra Storage now!
http://join.msn.com/?PAGE=features/es

Back to archive top level