tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jan 03 01:12:01 2004

Re: MOST terminology

Christian Einfeldt ([email protected])

On Friday 02 January 2004 22:06, Alan Anderson wrote:
> ja' qoloS:
> >...And rather than having your office suite mark
> >all of your Klingon words as spelling and grammar errors, your
> > office suite would actually spell check those romanized Klingon
> > words, and underline only those words which were misspelled in
> > Klingon!
>
> ngoQHeyvam DalIj 'e' vIchup.  Klingon's extensive system of affixes
> makes this decidedly notrivial.  It isn't the sort of language that
> lends itself to being spellchecked unless one implements a complete
> word-level grammar engine.  There's also the rather less tractable
> problem of a nearly full matrix of potential words -- it's highly
> likely that a misspelling of any given word will result in another
> perfectly good word.

hmmmm....good to know the challenge that lies ahead.  While I don't
think that even a Klingon would enter a futile battle, it's also true
that Klingons would probably be the last species to withdraw from a
challenge only because it was difficult.

I've always known that this localization would be more difficult than
the average Terran localization....

qoloS

> -- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level