tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jan 02 09:18:50 2004

Re: translation coordination tool, is it helpful?

ja' qoloS:
>I was just speaking with Gerry Singleton, who said that Majodomoo will
>let us run email polls on what we think of translating certain words.

ram De'vam.  naDev Majodomoo (majordomo je) lo'lu'be'.  tlhIngan-Hol
jabbI'ID ghom rIH "ezmlm".

(ezmlm runs this group, not majordomo)

>Would a poll be useful in helping to decide which words to use for
>such things as "file", "edit", "window", etc?

ghobe' jay'!  ghunwI' Soj 'oH.  naDev jeS ghojwI'pu''e'.

(That would be a topic for programmers, not students.)

>I have seen some discussion on this list move to an apparent impass
>with regard to such things as window.

cha' qab Dabejpu'.  loQ ja'chuqpu'.  qunHom DaSovbe'mo' qech DayajHa'law'.

(You've seen a single, short discussion between two people.  You don't know
the long-established context, so you probably didn't fully understand the
issue.)

>I am a totally new Klingonist,
>so this suggestion might not work, but I thought I would offer it, in
>case the idea had not yet occurred to anyone on this list.

ghaytan ghom machvaD lI' qech.  'Iq ghomvam jeSwI'.

(It's probably a good idea for smaller groups.)

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level