tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Feb 25 17:58:22 2004

[tlhIngan-Hol] Official Code for tlhIngan Hol: tlh

Mark E. Shoulson ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol po'wI']

Well, it's been some months in the works, but we finally now have
official word: tlhIngan Hol has been granted a code in ISO 639-2.
That's the standard that specifies 3-letter abbreviations for languages,
for use in computers and other information processing.  (English is
"eng", etc.  English is also "en", but that's a 2-letter code, and those
are ISO 639-1, and we're not getting one of those).  So it is legal now
to tag your websites as being in Klingon with language="tlh" tags, and
so forth.

The web site of the maintaining body of ISO 639-2 is at
http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-2/ (the Library of Congress).

So, congratulations to us and all...

~mark

SEI: DaH Hol ngoq ghaj tlhIngan Hol