tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Feb 18 20:49:29 2004

Re: vay' -anyone

Se'noj le'umaS ([email protected])

>The only example of {SoQ} that we have, AFAIK, is from page 105 of KGT:
>{Qorwagh yISoQmoH!} "Close the window!"
>
>So, to be safe, I would use verb only for things like windows, and probably
>doors and hatches.
>jIQochbe'bej! There is an example in kli: lojmIt yIpoSmoH!  Obviously if
>you
>can say open the door, you can say close it as well.
>qatlho'.

It can also be used in bad jokes.

Duj SomwIj ghor ghopDaq 'ej nargh yInSIp;  *Qonwagh rISoQmoH!" jatlh qoH

An asteroid breaks the hull of my ship and the air escapes; a fool says,
"Close the window!"

Se'noj