tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Feb 08 22:39:54 2004

Re: *map* vImugh 'e' vInID

ghel qurgh:
>*map* vImugh 'e' vInID 'ach mu' lugh vISamlaHbe'.
>mu' lugh DaSov'a'?

ja' voragh:
>There is no canon word for this, but Glen Proechel used *{vengnab} in one
>of his pamphlets ("The Warrior Tongue at Warp Speed"):
>
>   vengnab Daghaj'a'?
>   Do you have a map of the city? (GP:WS)

Ecchhh.  I think I can see how "cityplan" is supposed to imply the "map"
idea here, but it's definitely not the kind of word that ought to be used
without explanation.  {nab} is far too general a word to work for this idea.

>If the map is being displayed on a computer monitor, or even on a PADD,
>then you could refer to it indirectly as the "tactical display" {wIy}.

If it's not on an electronic display, I think {wIy nav} is understandable.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level