tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Feb 08 08:28:36 2004

Fwd: Klingon language oppurtunity

Hello Morpheme Addict.

I am an administrator on the online encyclopedia Wikipedia (www.wikipedia.org).

I also happen to be a long time Star Trek fan, and I minored in Linguistics at UC Berkeley. Although I've never managed to invest the time required to get more than a passing acquaintance with Klingon as a language, I've always been fascinated by the life that the language sees amongst its users.

I was hoping that you might relay to members of the KLI email discussion group the following. It is possible to create versions of the Wikipedia in other languages (there are currently dozens aside from the largest - English). It would even be possible to create one in Klingon, which I think might be of interest to some of the people at the KLI. At the very least, the Wikipedia article on the KLI (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Klingon_Language_Institute) needs some work.

If you don't already know about Wikipedia, these pages might serve to give you some idea of what the project involves:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:About
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Welcome%2C_newcomers
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:FAQ

I hope some of this is of interest to you; otherwise I apologize for wasting your time. Thanks.

Back to archive top level