tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Feb 03 02:45:46 2004

Re: anyone

Tad Stauffer ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol po'wI']

At 02:40 AM 2/3/2004 -0500, weQqul wrote:
>How would I recast these sentences? If someone could recast them, I would
>like to try  to translate them into tlhIngan Hol. there are too many words in
>them that are not found in tlhIngan Hol. :

Here are my initial thoughts on how I would recast these in order to more
easily translate them into Klingon. I've changed the words in order to
reflect the vocabulary/suffixes that I would use. I'm sure the BG will help
you if you have any problems actually forming the Klingon sentences:

>Zapruder is the person who made the film of the Kennedy assassination.

Someone killed Kennedy; Zapruder recorded this.

>He bought the camera and went to the place he made the film from.

He had [at the time of the recording] purchased a device for the purpose of
recording; he went somewhere and was prepared to record the event.

>He got there before the route was shown in the paper.

He arrived there, before the information paper/daily information revealed
the route/itinerary.

>The route was altered while they were driving it.

While they were going the route, the route changed/someone changed the route.

>How did he know where to go?

How did he know their new route/new destination?

>He knew about the change (altered route).

He knew the change/the different route.

>No one else but the driver and the person
>who gave the order to change the route knew about this.

Only the navigator and the orderer/commander knew it.

>(actually, this is incorrect, as security would have to know this information
>as well.) I will take this up with the person who supplied me with this
>information later.) :)

This information is wrong; security too needed to know this information. I
will insult the so-called genius who mis-told me. :-)

- taD

Back to archive top level