tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Dec 22 05:13:55 2004

Re: [klbc] nature's call

QeS lagh ([email protected])

Ah, my first official KLBC. {{:)

ghItlhpu' SoplaHtaHwI':

>Just a question that came up in a conversation:
>We know what a toilet is in tlhIngan Hol (puchpa')
>But what is (excuse my language) shitting or "to defecate"?

I'm fairly sure there's no canon term for it. It was noticeably absent from
in last year's HolQeD article describing bodily functions. (But remember,
Maltz is shy; he won't tell us what a {qIvon} is, either. {{:D)

I'd probably periphrase: say {puch lo'} "use the toilet" or {puchpa' lo'}
"use the toilet-room". (Remember that {puchpa'} means the room where the
toilet is, not the toilet itself. That's {puch}.)

>How does one talk about bumcheeks?

We do have a word for "bottom, backside, arse/ass": {Sa'Hut}. MO alerted us
to its existence at a recent qep'a'. For "buttocks", perhaps {Sa'Hut bIDmey}
"bottom's halves" could work. I can't find a usage like this in canon, but
there's no reason why it should be ungrammatical, since {bID} is a noun.

Savan.

QeS lagh
taghwI' pabpo' / Beginner's Grammarian

not nItoj Hemey ngo' juppu' qan je
     - Ubykh Hol vIttlhegh

Credit Card. Apply online. 60 sec response. Must be over 18. AU only:
http://ad.au.doubleclick.net/clk;11046970;10638934;f?http://www.anz.com/aus/promo/first1004ninemsn/default.asp

Back to archive top level