tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Apr 19 10:46:09 2004

J.G. over Klingons - tlhIngan Hol DajatlhlaH 'e' DaneH'a'?

qe'San \(Jon Brown\) ([email protected]) [KLI Member]

Just seen a great Interview with JG Hertzler.. Visit the site below and on
the 5th clip here his rendition of the warriors anthem:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/st/clips/hertzler/

Here's the text version of the latter interview:

tlhIngan Hol DajatlhlaH 'e' DaneH'a'?
Can you still speak any Klingon?

The very last line I said on [Deep Space Nine] was a line that was not
written for me. At the very end Martoc gets together with Admiral Ross and
Sisko to drink blood wine together as they had promised they would do when
they defeated the Cardassians and the Dominion.

But there was so much blood on their hands metaphorically that Sisko
realised he couldn't drink it. He just poured his wine out onto the floor
and left, and Ross followed suit and I was left there holding the bottle of
blood wine. Al that was written for me to do was to sort of shrug my
shoulders and drink.

I said, "Man, if there's ever a time when Martok would say something in
Klingon, at least to himself, it would be then." So I said, "If that's the
intent then let me just say [barks out some Klingon]," which means, "Humans,
go figure!." That's what I did, but I also sing in Klingon - the warriors'
anthem. We sing it every chance we get.

nIteb Qob qaD jup 'e' chaw'be' SuvwI'
A warrior doesn't let a friend face danger alone.

qe'San

Back to archive top level