tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Apr 14 15:13:51 2004

Re: New vocabulary and {law'/puS} variants (HQ 13.1)

QeS lagh ([email protected])

ghItlhpu' Voragh:

>I finally received the new HolQeD two days ago and eagerly turned to
>"Maltz's Reward, Part IV" since Lawrence mentioned that Maltz would be
>discussing some variations with the {law'/puS} formula.  Very interesting.
>I'll wait until everyone else has received their copy to discuss those.
>I'm surprised that no one else has posted on this, but the mails must be
>particularly slow right now.

lughbe' 'e' vItul. I received mine a week and a half ago, and I'm in
Australia. I would have thought I'd be one of the last to get mine. :)

The list *has* slowed quite a bit, hasn't it? Never mind. While I can't
think of any issues immediately arising from these {law'/rap}, {law'/nIb}
and {law'/law'} constructions that might bear discussion (they're pretty
comprehensively explained in that issue), I did take the opportunity to
write a paper for HolQeD about the connection of the comparative
constructions to the {no' Hol} OSV word order. If Lawrence accepts, you'll
read about it in the next issue of HolQeD!

>{vIl} "be ridgy"

And it's about time, too! {{:) For my mind, {tlher} describes a semisolid
substance with chunks of more solid substance within it - definitely a food
term. Custard, maybe (or is it just the way I make custard?)

Savan.

QeS lagh

Protect your inbox from harmful viruses with new ninemsn Premium. Go to
http://ninemsn.com.au/premium/landing.asp?banner=emailtag&referrer=hotmail

Back to archive top level