tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Apr 07 10:41:44 2004

joj usage...

qurgh ([email protected])

I was reading through the entire dictionary part (Qov qatlho') and came across
joj. Are the following correct:

cha' SuvwI' jojDaq jIba'.
I sit between the two warriors.

SuvwI' targh je jojDaq jIba'.
I sit between the warrior and the targh.

I guess the bigger question in my mind now is: Can a list of nouns linked by a
conjunction still act as a the first noun in a noun-noun constuction? Can I
say?

SuvwI' targh je Soj vIghaj
I have the targh's and the warrior's food

HoD beqmey chIjwI' DeghwI' je Soj vIghaj
I have the Captain's, the Crew's, the navigator's and the helmmen's food.

or do I have to say?

SuvwI' soj targh soj je vIghaj
I have the warrior's food and the targh's food.

HoD Soj, beqmey Soj, chIjwI' Soj, DeghwI' Soj je vIghaj.
I have the Captain's food, the Crew's food, the navigators food and the
Helmmen's food

Or can I say either?

qurgh

For a free wizage.net web based email address, email me!

Back to archive top level