tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Apr 07 10:17:57 2004

Re: {Hov'a'} pagh {Hov'a'}be'?

ja' lal'tel SIvten:
>maybe {Hov} is broader in meaning than simple "star", so that it could be
>used for "sun".

I'm about a thousand miles from my reference material right now, but I seem
to remember that KGT has a relevant comment on this.  At the beginning of a
section titled something like "Mismatched Concepts", doesn't it tell us
that {Hov} and "star" refer to exactly the same thing?

>how can "{Hov'a'} pagh {Hov'a'}be'?" be said using good grammar?

Hov'a' 'oH'a'?  Hov'a' 'oHbe''a'?

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level