tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Apr 03 10:48:26 2004

KLBC (?):adverbial constructs

Thorwald Peeters ([email protected]) [KLI Member]

Due to a joking reply I made to a post in the KIDC's forums, I wanted to translate "The Order of the Chocolate Bat'leth" into Klingon.
Doing this I ran into the problem that you can say {SuyDuj} merchant ship and {jolpa'} transporter room,
but you can't do the same with chocolate, although it is as much an attribute of the noun as [transporter] is of [room].

What would be the best way to name "chocolate bat'leth" in tlhIngan Hol?

A few things I and Doom'er came up with are:
{yuch betleH} using the noun noun device, which is flawed...
{yuch 'oHbogh betleH'e'} where I had questions about {'oH} being a pronoun and {-bogh} a verb suffix.
This struck me as impossible...

Is there no simple way to say [material][object] or [object][of][material]?

qa'pIn korgon puqloD, k'meQ tuq.
aka SoplaHtaHwI'

Back to archive top level