tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Apr 02 08:02:48 2004

Re: New Wiki page: "Common Grammar Questions And Problems"

QeS lagh:

>I can't recall precisely what Dr Okrand has said (to DloraH, I think) about
>QAOs being illegal, so what's on there about that may very well not be
>complete. Can someone check that, please?

"The first one I nailed him with was our lovely QAO.  Uh-oh.  You can not
use a 'question' as an object; but... it is not known yet if Klingon
question words can act as one of those ... relative pronoun... The safest
thing for now would be to recast if possible." (DloraH, personal
conversation with Marc Okrand [May 1998])

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons

Back to archive top level