tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Sep 29 10:23:21 2003

Re: anniversary

Quvar:

>If it is the ongoing thing, then the ceremony itself might be called
>{tlhoghtay}.
>On the other hand, when I look at tkd's list, the words for "marriage" and
>"marry"
>came together.  And where do people {nay} and {Saw}?  On her {tlhogh}.
>
>I'm not sure about this yet. btw, is {tlhoghtay} an official word??

No, it isn't, but it's been used on the List for some time.

FYI:  My notes show that some have used the non-canonical *{naltay} for
"mating ritual" - cf. {nalqaD} mate challenge, {be'nal} wife, {loDnal}
husband, etc.

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons