tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Sep 12 09:43:29 2003

Re: Re[2]: How to convert a noun to a verb???

Quvar wrote:

>ghItlh DWW <[email protected]>:
>
> >2) A Klingon says to a girl he loves
> >qaneH!
>
>very direct, very klingon!

A similar approach can be heard in "Power Klingon" when the female Klingon
growls seductively and asks the Terran tourist:

   qabelmoH'a'
   Do I please you? PK

> >nuq Sujatlh? maj'a'?
>
>When {nuq} is the object, you need the prefix for "you(pl)-it" which is {bo-}.
>And besides of that, Marc Okrand has told us that the only appropriate
>objects
>for {jatlh} are a language or a noun describing speech.
>So if you ask {nuq bojatlh?} we might just answer {tlhIngan Hol wIjatlh} :-)

Also, {maj} "Good!" is an exclamation, not a verb, and so can't take the
interrogative verb suffix {-'a'}.

You can say instead {bIQochbe''a'} "Do you agree?"... or maybe even
{bIqang'a'} using the slang term {qang} "always agree with/go along
with/cooperate with (someone)" -- depending on her past behavior or
reputation, of course! :-)

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons