tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu May 29 06:44:22 2003

Re: Klingon Alphabet

%We know very little about the Klingon writing system(s).
%For all we know,
%they do not mark the glottal stops in any way. We DO know
%that the
%transcription system makes the glottal stops at the
%beginning of otherwise
%vowel-initial words explicit.
%
%SuStel
%Stardate 3402.3
%

Is the pIqaD 'alphabet' and its mapping to the phonemic
Okrandian writing system considered to be canon (even
though not being Okrandian canon)? If so, then what about
the sign that is used for the glottal stop? That would
indicate that they do mark glottal stops wouldn't it?

--qeyS--

C. Krottje
Student of English Language and Culture
at the RuG, Groningen, The Netherlands.