tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Mar 15 08:12:10 2003

Re: sentences 3/13/03 (was KLBC)

>If chepqu' does choose to use {-'e'} to emphasize {ghol}, watch out:
>there's a somewhat obscure grammar rule for verbs acting as adjectives.
>Take a look at TKD section 4.4, page 50. The type-5 noun suffix moves from
>the noun, to the end of an adjectival verb, so you'd have:
>
>{ghol lo'laH'e' vIHoy'}

This rule also applies to ordinal numbers (wa'DIch, cha'DIch, wejDIch,
etc.).  Or at least it seems to.  The sole example we have (as far as I
know) of Type 5 suffixes used on noun phrases with ordinal numbers puts the
suffix on the ordinal number.  In a post to
msn.onstage.startrek.expert.okrand, MO wrote:

qep'a' wejDIchDaq jatlhtaH tlhIngan Hol HaDwI'pu'.

Sangqar