tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jul 12 09:03:56 2003

Re: Klingon - Terminology Databases (IMHO)

>Does anyone else out there feel that Klingon should be made "Open Source"
and >open
>to a regulatory body such as the KLI to develop further, or do you all think
that any
>developments should only come from Mark Okrand?

I agree that tlhIngan Hol should be a growing language and at times, the
language should change to monitor the changing of times.  In any language, the
vocabulary, meanings and even syntax changes with each new generation.  Why
should tlhIngan Hol be any different?  Further, we should begin at some point to
move away from Mark Okrand being the supreme authority on everything tlhIngan
Hol.  After all, there will be a day when Okrand go on to fight battles along
side his honored ancestors.  Where will we be then?  As a child is weaned off of
mothers' milk, so we should be weaned off of Okrand.  The community should
become the authority on the changes made to the language on consensus; to
include new vocabulary, and even the syntax used when constructing sentences and
words with prefixes and suffixes.  That is the only way the language will ever
survive.  IMHO, like he said.
-veS joH

Back to archive top level