tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jul 12 07:24:15 2003

Re: Pun time

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.  I
understand that learning the basics of the language is
the most important thing.  It supercedes everything,
except the cultural context (the "attitude", if you
will) of the speaker, for example, someone said "speak
Klingon forcefully" - very good advice for all
learners of Klingon, lol).  It's just that if certain
people who are regular posters, or even members of the
KLI discourage new members by finding fault with their
desire to learn puns, then to me, their motives are
suspect.

No, I don't believe learners of Klingon should learn
as many puns as words, but I have observed through
Paramount products that Klingons are taught with
sayings and proverbs.  I know that you know this too.
I would love to learn some clever puns, just so I can
refer to them in my mind (for fun), but never to
replace the real basics, grammar, sentence
construction, spelling, etc.

Thanks for all the hard work you do!
Qapla'!

k'alaa H'oD